Monday, February 15, 2016

The Best Week Ever Pt. 1 {MY Museum}

MY Museum

Last week was the best week ever. Brian was off all week to celebrate our first little peanut and I can't even tell you how glorious it was for our family. We only had a few things planned so lots of down time was had. But when we DID have plans it was for super fun activities like visiting MY Museum.

"MY Museum is a playground for the mind. The museum was developed in 1997 to provide an environment where curiosity and creativity flourish, while both children and adults learn together through experience. Constructed as a microcosm of “what makes Monterey special”, this 8,500 square foot museum is packed with a variety of hands on exhibits, making each visit unique and exciting." -source 

This was not our first time at MY Museum but it was our first time this year and I was surprised to see some changes had been made. Even though the main exhibits stay generally the same, they do update little things that make it feel fresh and exciting every time we get to explore. Even better is the first Tuesday of every month admission is only $2!
First stop was at the bubble (for lack of a better name.) Basically, you stand on a platform inside a giant ring that sits in bubble solution and try to enclose yourself in a bubble by pulling on the handle. The solution wasn't mixed properly and it took some manual labor to get it going, but the girls got to experience standing in at least two bubbles. Which, of course, I couldn't photograph.
Next they "drove" an ambulance that had working lights and a stretcher with a CPR kid dummy (which kinda creeped me out) that Brielana was so concerned about and kept pointing and saying "baby."
The lunch counter was explored next and Brielana probably contacted 23,164 kinds of germs putting everything into her mouth.
The Farm was up next. This was my favorite exhibit! There was a mini field growing assorted fruits and vegetables that could actually be "picked" (they were attached to the stalks by velcro! Genius!) And a wall of clear PVC pipes that had suction that would give a scarf a crazy ride and then spit it out and the scarf would float down to the ground. I couldn't get a picture of the scarf traveling through the pipes but I did get Kinsey's reaction of the process which basically speaks for itself:  
And then apparently I stopped taking pictures(???) because several exhibits like the Theater (where there's a stage and costumes backstage), a two-story playhouse, a doctor's office (which a giant Operation! game board that used salad tongs and wooden play pieces) a tree house with a slide (that Brielana climbed up all by herself and slide down too many times to count) and a miniature golf course, that Kinsey had zero interest in.

It was a great start to The Best Week Ever!


Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. I love this kind of kid museum! Whenever we travel to a new city with Noah we usually end up going to one and Noah always has a blast! The farm exhibit does sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love kid museums! It's amazing to watch their little minds work and learn as they play. I love the bubble pictures. Stinks it wasn't working right though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO FUN!! Kids museums have my heart. I love how much fun the kiddos have and learn at the same time.
    The farm area would have been my favorite too!!
    And, Brielana with the 'food' in her mouth - ha!! Did you cringe your way through that part?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cool! We have a Science Center around here that has some similar things, but not as cool as that1

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bubble thing sounds awesome! I totally want to go in it lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We definitely have to take Cash back to our children's museum. I'm so happy you guys had so much family time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A whole week off?! How amazing! And that museum looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun! We have something similar down here, not as large but it's called Pretend City. super fun place. If I am every up your way will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like such a neat place! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so I've never heard of this museum before!!! How have I not? You're seriously making me want to take a trip back to Monterey! The aquarium, the museum, I saw this Dennis the Menace like park that we've also never been to. Can't wait to see what else you did last week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those interactive kids museums are just the best! That one looks fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those interactive kids museums are just the best! That one looks fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun place! Ez would love that ambulance, although I agree, the kid cpr dummy is pretty creepy. What a special week for Kinsey to have her dad home to celebrate her bday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun museum! In Philly, we have a Please Touch Museum, and I think it may be similar. I've been dying to take Mila. So fun that you guys got a whole week to spend with Brian, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that he was off and that you guys had the best week!! Makes my heart happy. This museum looks like a great time. We have one like this (I think) about an hour away. I think we need to visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looooove this, I wish we had something like this nearby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!