Monday, May 4, 2015

Help me choose a dress!

My cousin is getting married on May 17th and I need your help choosing a dress!


Cousin Matt and his lovely bride to be Andrea are having their wedding and reception at The Athenaeum on CalTech in L.A.  It's an evening affair and they specified cocktail attire.  Well, this sounds so sad, but I have only been to 2 weddings (besides my own) as an adult and both of those were day weddings. (What does that say about my social calendar?!  Getting married young kinda makes it seem like everyone else is taking too long- I kid, I kid! sorta.)

So I turned to my girl, Pinterest and got some information about cocktail attire:

 And some inspiration pictures:



Armed with my new-found knowledge, I went closet shopping ;)  I have two dresses that will work perfectly, but here's where I need your help, which ONE should I wear?

Option A:
A black silk tea length spaghetti strap with lace

Option B:
A gray silk strapless with flower appliques

And there you have them!
I love them both and that's why I need your help to decide.
(Plus, I'm a little indecisive...)

I'll probably add a wrap since it tends to cool down in the evenings and I'm trying to decide if new shoes are necessary (when are they not?  Am I right?! Haha)

If you could leave a comment with your preference, I would be so grateful!  Thank you kindly!

Linking up with Gina and Carylee
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. They are both super cute but I think I prefer option B. It looks slightly more dressy but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough call, but I think the second one.
    And I understand the difficulty of choosing a dress! My sister is getting married in June and she wants all of her bridesmaids to wear dresses in varying shades of aqua/light blue, so I get to pick my own dress, which is great, but I'll be like 35 weeks pregnant at the time and it is SO hard finding an appropriate maternity dress in that color! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually own option B, so I'm a little biased -- but I say choose that one! I think it looks a little dressier than option A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gap for the win! I'm biased too, I wore that dress at my wedding rehearsal and dinner :) Thanks for your help Brittany!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Brittany! It seems to be everyone's favorite by a landslide!

      Delete
  5. I like Option A but it looks like I'm already out voted! B is adorable too though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked the black dress got so overlooked, thank you for sticking up for it ;)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!