Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What I wanted to be "when I grew up"

Another installment of Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday: what I wanted to be "when I grew up".

First of all, I always knew I wanted to be a Mom.  I remember in Kindergarten being interviewed and telling the teacher I was going to have 4 children.  Now, I don't think I'll actually have four, but you bet becoming a mom fulfilled and exceeded my desires.

Job wise, I have run the gamut (I have an active imagination haha) and considered being:
  1. an Author (this is still totally in the running)
  2. an Oceanographer (living right on the Pacific Ocean inspires grandeur)
  3. a Director (per a high school aptitude test, haha)
  4. a Child Psychologist
The last one was influenced by the movie The Cell with Jennifer Lopez and Vince Vaughn.  S-c-a-r-y.  But it was so good and it had me bawling and vowing I would go to Stanford and become a psychologist and help as many children as I could.  At the age of 16. Well, I never went to Stanford and I have yet to even take a Psychology course, but I realized early on that I get too emotionally invested and wouldn't make a very good passive observer.
source

So, I may not have become any of the things I thought I would, but I feel like I am exactly where I should be and doing what God saw best for me.  I love being a Preschool Teacher and listen, sometimes it feels like I'm psycho-analyzing 3 year olds ;) I can also be silly, affectionate and randomly burst out in song, just because, and that suits me perfectly.

What did you want to be "when you grew up?"


Linking up with Andrea.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. Marissa has been telling me for years that she wants to be a mom. She is going to have four kids too. A set of twin girls, a boy and another girl. She even has the boy named Jack, lololol. Oh my goodness that girl knows what she wants.

    I just love that you always knew you wanted to be a mom. I don't think I had the dream until I was quite a few years older. It is so nice to have my dream job :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those tests that told you what you should be? lol! I think I remember one of mine saying "A Manager". A manager of what exactly? Who knows! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!