Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Summer Lovin': Berry Picking


Our first check off from our Summer Lovin' Bucket List is pick berries!
We went last Friday to Gizdich Ranch in Watsonville to pick strawberries and olallieberries, but alas, the olallieberries were already scarce by the time we arrived.  No complaints here, the main star for me will always be strawberries (and raspberries, but they didn't have a good growing season this year.)


The summer I was pregnant with Kinsey was the last time we went to Gizdich for berry picking, so this was both girl's first time!  Kinsey had fun finding the berries in the bushes and Brielana nabbed herself some berries from the basket I was holding.


It wasn't too hot or too busy so we were in and out in under an hour.  It was the perfect summer activity and now I get to eat all the strawberries!


Bring on the whipped cream!



Linking up with Beth
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those berries look amazing. Looks like the perfect summer activity if you ask me. Now I am off to google olallieberries #kiddingnotkidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke, I think this might have been RIGHT where we were staying when we were there a couple months ago! i didn't see a sign for it but we passed huge patches of what easily could have been strawberry fields! We stayed at Pajaro Dunes in Watsonville. Is that close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie! It was a wonderful day; family, food and fun!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!