Thursday, May 7, 2015

Brielana's Bites: Dinner


My magic formula for dinner is a meat (protein)+ a grain+ a vegetable.
Meat: chicken breast, steak, chicken sausage, or fish. 
Grain:couscous, rice, or pasta.
I love ALL vegetables, so it just depends on what we have on hand; fresh first and then I will use frozen.  Of course we like to mix it up too, otherwise you get taste-bud burnout, haha.

Top:
1. green beans, couscous and sauteed chicken
2. purple cauliflower, mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets
3. Homemade soup: chicken sausage, pasta, carrot, zucchini, celery, diced tomatoes, green onion, potatoes in low sodium broth and a bay leaf

Middle:
4. Homemade meatballs, recipe here, pasta, quartered tomatoes
5. fish, asparagus, couscous
6. sauteed chicken, quartered roasted Brussels sprouts, quartered tomatoes

Bottom:
7. deconstructed taco: avocado slices, black olives, lean ground beef with shredded cheese and black beans
8. green bean, tomatoes and chicken sausage baked together and garlic bread
9. sauteed zucchini and halved cherry tomatoes with melted cheese, chicken sausage and couscous

So I totally realize there's a bunch of tomatoes going on here, what can I say, I'm Italian.  ;) This makes it look like we're eating it on a daily basis but we definitely don't.  And just to be extra specific, my daughter has never displayed any rash or discomfort from eating them so I feel comfortable feeding them to her.  The girl just really enjoys her food!



Linking up with Brittany
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with all those veggies she eats!! I have a friend and her baby is 9 months old and will only eat gerber puffs. That's it. She won't touch anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!