Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pregnancy Skin Care Routine for acne prone skin

Pregnancy Skin Care Routine for acne prone skin

Pregnancy Skin Care Routine for acne prone skin by work-it-mommy


So I am not one of the lucky Mama's-to-be to have that Pregnancy Glow. Nope, I'm stuck with oily skin and an never-ending crop of zits right around my mouth, which just makes me feel soooo attractive (not).  Well, this time around I got smart and decided to do something about it!  I scheduled an appointment at my Dermatologist's and got to see the Esthetician for 30 minutes of bliss.  I didn't get to do all the treatments she wanted to do due to being pregnant (and she was very diligent about looking up what was safe, bless her.) but what I was really there for was the Extraction.  If you've never had one, basically it's a zit popping party.  This compilation is based on some of her recommendations, my Ob-Gyn's and coupled with my favorite existing products, I came up with this new routine to keep my skin happy. 

1. Cetaphil cream cleanser- The best, I've been using it for years.  Gentle and non-comdegenic.  I use it at both morning and night time washings.

2. Clairisonic MIA 2- I've been wanting one of these babies for years and this is highly recommended by my Esthetician.  Of course, if you don't have $150 to plunk down for a facial brush, the Neutrogena Wave works in a similar fashion :)

3. Rubbing alcohol- sounds harsh but this is my Ob-Gyn's recommendation for drying out extra oil.  Use it as a toner- just be careful around your eyes!

4. Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment- this was the one product I specifically asked my Doc if I could use because its the only spot treatment that works for me.  He said as long as I don't ingest it (ewww, right?!), it will not harm the baby.  But to be on the safe side, always ask your own Ob-Gyn!

5. Cetaphil Daily lotion SPF 30 or Moisturizing lotion- I alternate the SPF 30 for my morning routine and the Moisturizing lotion after my nightly washing.  Again, been using them for years!

***Here are two more tips from my Esthetician
  • Use mineral- based makeup- it will help skin by absorbing oil and not irritate pores.
  • Do NOT use scrubs!  They are too harsh on delicate skin and leave microscopic tears which invite bacteria and cause scarring.
I hope this helps!  I'm still battling my acne but at least now I have some new tools in my arsenal ;)


Signature
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!